NAS JRB New Orleans
A little bird recently put a bug in my ear (yeah, I’m know I’m mixing metaphors or whatever you call them) and told me that there are going to be a good number of military relocations from San Diego to NAS JRB New Orleans in the next couple of months. If you are amongst those that leaving behind sun, sand and an ocean view, let me welcome you to New Orleans and to the West Bank.
I was recently in San Diego and Newport Beach and I have to say that I was hard pressed to leave. It’s a stunningly beautiful place and the weather is exceptional – it’s no wonder that real estate is so expensive there.
Moving anywhere new always brings at least a little bit of culture shock…from the different weather to the strange local customs and food. Although, I have to say that I think you’ll enjoy our seafood a lot more than we enjoyed what they served in California. No offense, but adding a little seasoning wouldn’t kill anyone there, would it?
Anyway, as you prepare for your move, it’s always a good idea to do a little research about your new city. Since you’ve probably already heard the stories about Mardi Gras and the French Quarter, it’s up to me to let you know a few things you might not have been told.
- Despite our reputation for debauchery, New Orleans is a kid friendly community with plenty of fun to be had by families. From the world class zoo and aquarium to the festivals that are held all around the city and in the adjoining parishes, there is always something to do to combat the dreaded “I’m bored….”
- Culture abounds in New Orleans, with an active arts community including the oldest opera association in the United States.
- Outdoor activities such as camping, hiking and canoeing are all available in the area when you know where to find them
- The weather in New Orleans is a far cry from what you are used to in San Diego. While April and October offer some of the most beautiful days in the city, the rest of the months can be a little challenging.
- When compared to southern California, we have very affordable homes. Before deciding on a housing budget, be sure to check your Current BAH Rates.
And, if all else fails, the beach is only a couple of hours away….
It would be our pleasure to have the opportunity to assist you with any of your real estate needs and have a little fun while doing it!