One thing that we’ve learned over the years is that kitchens and bathrooms sell houses. Paint colors are easy to change, flooring can be replaced and landscaping can add curb appeal. But the thought of having to do a major kitchen or bath remodel can stop some home buyers in their tracks.
If you don’t have an updated bathroom in your home, what can you do to make that room show at it’s best?
We asked Amie Chaney with Home Staging by Amie for her recommendations on how to make a bathroom show ready and she offered the following staging tips to help you make your bathroom more inviting.
- Clean out your bathroom medicine cabinet and drawers.
- Remove all personal items from around the bathtub such as shampoo, razors and shaving cream.
- Update show curtains and bathroom rugs.
- Use fluffy white towels in your bathroom that won’t be used on a daily basis.
- Repair leaky faucets and runny toilets.
- Replace light switch covers with new white ones.
- Peel and stick tile that looks like natural stone is an inexpensive easy fix for a bathroom floor that is worn or damaged.
- Repair any cracks in the caulking around sinks and tub.
- Curtain panels make great shower curtains and add a luxurious feel to the bathroom.
- Use items in your bathroom that resemble what is used in a spa to promote a feeling of relaxation.
For more professional staging advice, visit Amie’s site. For professional real estate advice when buying or selling your West Bank home, please contact the West Bank Living Team. It would be our pleasure to assist you whether you are buying, selling or leasing on the West Bank of New Orleans.Google+