Are you having second thoughts about the New Orleans REALTOR® you’re working with to find your new home?
Unless you already personally know your real estate agent, choosing one is kind of like going on a blind date. You have to learn about each other before you decide if you want a second date, a third date or a long term relationship.
Sometimes, things just don’t work out.
And sometimes, there are really good reasons to move on.
3 reasons to fire your REALTOR®
- He/she doesn’t return calls or texts. Communication is critical in a business relationship, so being able to reach your agent is important. This doesn’t mean that they’ll be available 24/7, but your contacts should be returned promptly.
- He/she doesn’t have to time to accommodate your schedule. It’s no secret that there are plenty of part-time agents out there. If their “other” job leaves them unable to adapt to you, then it’s probably time to move on.
- He/she doesn’t put your interests first. Enough said.
3 reasons NOT to fire your REALTOR®
- You keep making low ball offers and are frustrated that they haven’t been accepted. Your agent doesn’t control the responses you get from sellers. The best they can do is advise you on how to make a strong offer. If you ignore that advice, changing agents won’t make a bit of difference.
- You drag your feet on making an offer and miss out on houses. If it’s important to you to get a certain property, don’t delay in getting negotiations started.
- You refuse to negotiate. Have the expectation that your first offer will almost never be accepted. A counter offer is simply the seller negotiating with you and is completely normal.