Real estate in Terrytown LA
- 174 single family homes are for sale, priced from $44,880 to $1,500,000
- The average home for sale has 4 bedrooms, 2 baths and is priced at $210,788
- 45 homes are under contract, priced from $18,900 to $419,000
- The average home under contract has 4 bedrooms, 2 baths and was priced at $141,486
- 19 homes sold in October, with an average list price of $164,032 and an average sale price of $158,329
Homes sold in Terrytown and Gretna LA
Year to date, there have been a total of 170 homes sold in the 70056 zip code, compared to 188 sold at the same time last year (a decrease of almost 10%). The volume of home sales over the last couple of years have been steady in the area, while prices have been on the decline. With about 11.5% of the inventory selling each month, it’s important for sellers to be sure they are priced right and in the best condition possible to catch the eye of one of the buyers.
Home prices in Terrytown and Gretna LA
The year to date average sold price in 70056 is $146,733, down 1.3% from 2010, continuing the gradual decline in average sales we have seen since 2008. We are moving into the slower home selling season, so if you are considering selling now, pricing and the terms you are willing to offer become even more important if you are to be competitive. Consider offering a home warranty or closing cost assistance to the buyer if you are pressed to make a move quickly.
More about home sales in Terrytown and Gretna LA
- Financing is spread between FHA loans (38%), Cash purchases (29%), Conventional loans (17%), VA loans (5%) and other forms of financing (10%)
- The majority of homes sold this year have been in Excellent or Very Good condition
- Foreclosures and short sales are up slightly from 2010, making up 31% of home sales this year
- 36% of sellers provided a home warranty, compared to 35% last year
- 40% of sellers provided closing cost assistance, compared to 39% last year