Real estate activity in Marrero LA
262 single family homes are for sale in Marrero
- High list price $2,295,000
- Low list price $22,000
- Average list price $165,197
- Average days on market for active listings: 140
72 homes are pending sale/under contract
- High list price $310,000
- Low list price $19,000
- Average list price $125,199
- Average days on market before contract: 111
Homes sold in Marrero LA
As of the end of June 2012, there have been 180 single family homes sold in Marrero, up from 154 at the same time last year. We are seeing a trend across the West Bank of increases in the number of sales as investors are moving back into the market and picking up foreclosures in need of repairs.
Home prices in Marrero LA
At the end of the second quarter, the average home sale price in Marrero was $123,328, down slightly from the 2011 average. The difference in prices is minimal and may be an indicator of the market leveling out.
18% of homes sold this year were in Fair or Poor condition, contributing to the downward pressure on prices. I expect to see better numbers next year as some of the investment properties are renovated and put back on the market at higher prices.
- Average foreclosure sale $83,426
- Average non-foreclosure sale $154,789
All data provided by GSREIN and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed
More about Marrero LA real estate
- The average days on market is 87, the same as in 2011
- 48% of sales have been foreclosures or short sales, up from 43% last year
- 26% of sellers provided a home warranty, down from 30% in 2011
- 32% of sellers provided closing cost assistance, down from 34% last year