Real estate activity in Harvey LA
- 174 single family homes are for sale, priced from $34,900 to $850,000
- The average listing is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home with 2,015 square feet, priced at $163,692 or $77.40 per square foot
- 49 homes are under contract, priced from $32,000 to $329,900
- The average pending sale is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home with 1,968 square feet, priced at $123,006 or $61.31 per square foot
Homes sold in Harvey LA
- 16 homes sold in October – the average sale was a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house with 1,759 square feet
Year to date, there have been a total of 194 homes sold in Harvey, up from 186 at the same time last year. A large percentage of the sales this year have been foreclosures or short sales, which made up 45% of the 2011 sales. This is a telling number, since foreclosures only make up 21% of the available listings. Buyers and investors are still on the hunt for the best possible deal and the banks have the ability to undercut the normal resales, either increasing the amount of time that a home will take to sell or reducing the value of surrounding properties if there are enough foreclosures in one neighborhood.
Home prices in Harvey LA
- The average sale price in October was $101,156 or $59.92 per square foot
- The average 2011 sale price was $127,399 or $64.55 per square foot
There is definitely a substantial difference in home sale prices when you compare foreclosure sales to normal resales. Year to date, the average foreclosure in Harvey has sold for $73,911 or $41.14 per square foot, while the normal resale averages were $167,758 or $82.22 per square foot.
More about Harvey LA real estate
- 45% of homes sold in 2011 have been foreclosures or short sales, up from 33% in 2010
- 30% of sellers provided a home warranty, down from 35% last year
- 40% of sellers provided closing cost assistance to the buyer, down from 47% last year