Harvey LA Real Estate
196 single family homes are for sale in Harvey
- High list price $850,000
- Low list price $34,900
- Average list price $170,676
- Average days on market for active listings: 141
63 homes are under contract/pending sale
- High list price $373,900
- Low list price $30,000
Homes Sold in Harvey LA
At the end of the second quarter, there have been 120 homes sold in Harvey, almost dead even with the 121 sold during the same time last year. Days on market is up slightly, with the average home taking 103 days to sell.
At the current rate of sales, there is a 9.8 month supply of homes for sale in the 70058 zip code. It’s still a buyer’s market out there right now.
Home Prices in Harvey LA
- June high home sale price $300,000
- June low home sale price $10,500
- June average home sale price $99,653
Year to date, the average home sale price in Harvey is $106,691, down from the 2011 average of $123,243 and continuing the slide in values we’ve been watching over the last couple of years. Most of this drop is still due to the large percentage of foreclosure sales that are typically priced well below other properties, usually due to their condition.
Harvey home owners who are considering selling should be sure to do their homework to determine if foreclosures are the norm in their neighborhood before determining a price. If you’d like an analysis of sales in your neighborhood, just drop us a line and we’ll be happy to send that out to you.
All data provided by GSREIN and is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed
More about Harvey LA home sales
- 67.5% of homes sold this year have been foreclosures or short sales, up from 48% in 2011
- 18% of sellers provided a home warranty, down from 28% last year
- 24% of sellers provided closing cost assistance to the buyer, down from 40% in 2011
- 48% of homes sold in 2012 have been purchased with cash, 25% with FHA loans, 16% with conventional loans, 2% with VA loans and 9% with some other form of financing
- 28% of homes sold this year were in Fair or Poor condition, so expect to see some of these properties come back on the market at a later date after they have been renovated and updated