Current real estate activity in Algiers Point
- 14 single family homes are for sale, priced from $165,000 to $860,000
- 5 homes are under contract, priced from $139,000 to $329,000
- The average home has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 3298 square feet and is listed for $322,136
- The average active listing has been on the market for 210 days
Homes sold in Algiers Point
Sales remained flat from 2010 to 2011 in Algiers Point, ending the year with a total of 22 single family homes sold.
Multi-family homes in the Point: A total of 13 multi-family properties sold in 2011, at an average price of $151,301 or $66.65 per square foot.
We have recently seen a resurgence of interest in the Point, but are in need of some new blood to hit the market, since the existing homes have not fit what buyers are looking for. Sellers willing to part with their homes for at or under $200,000 should consider going on the market as quickly as they can.
Home prices in Algiers Point
After a rally in 2010, average prices dropped again in 2011, ending the year down to $180,823. There is interest in the neighborhood, but so many of the homes have deferred maintenance or partially complete renovations that buyers are choosing to wait it out. Spending a few dollars to prepare your home for sale would be well advised in any market, but particularly in the Point right now.
More about real estate in Algiers Point
- Foreclosures and short sales made up 18% of homes sold in 2011, up from 15% in 2010, but still one of the lowest rates on the West Bank
- 50% of sellers provided a home warranty in 2011, up from 20% in 2010
- 23% of sellers provided closing cost assistance to the buyers, down from 25% in 2010