Mardi Gras 2012
This is it….the big weekend leading up to Fat Tuesday. You won’t find many people working in and around New Orleans, since they’ll more than likely be packing an ice chest and staking out a spot along one of the multitude of parade routes from today right through Mardi Gras day.
If you are heading to the parades, keep safety in mind. Don’t put ladders right by the street (they should be as many feet back from the curb as they are tall), keep an eye on the kiddos and don’t drink and drive. Pace yourself and stay hydrated. A full day of parades can be exhausting, so don’t forget to bring food and drinks to keep your energy up for waving and yelling and catching some of the really cool throws that the krewes are tossing.
WEATHER NOTE: Keep an eye on the news, since there is a good chance of rain on Saturday which could change the schedule and result in the cancellation or rescheduling of some parades.
Here’s the schedule of upcoming parades:
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 17th
- Divine Protectors of Endangered Pleasures (DIVA) French Quarter 1:30 p.m.
- Knights of Hermes Uptown 6:00 p.m.
- d’Etat- Uptown, 6:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Morpheus Uptown 7:00 p.m.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 18th
- Iris – Uptown, 11:00 a.m.
- Tucks – Uptown, 12:00 p.m.
- Endymion – Mid City, 4:15 p.m.
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 19th
- Okeanos – Uptown, 11:00 a.m.
- Mid-City – Uptown, 11:45 p.m
- Thoth – Uptown, 12:00 a.m.
- Bacchus- Uptown, 5:15 p.m.
LUNDI GRAS, FEBRUARY 20th
- Proteus- Uptown, 5:15 p.m.
- Orpheus – Uptown, 6:00 p.m.
- Lundi Gras Celebration
MARDI GRAS, FEBRUARY 21st
- Zulu- Uptown, 8:00 a.m.
- Rex – Uptown, 10:00 a.m.
- Elks Orleans – Uptown, 11:30 a.m.
- Crescent City – Uptown, follows Elks
You can find a map of all of the parade routes here.
Have a safe and happy Mardi Gras!!